Hello parents,Since the announcement last Friday that I will be taking on 5 parents to transform their kids from picky eaters to veggie eaters, the response has been fantastic.
If you’d like to join this select group of parents who know the importance of improving their child’s diet, email me “Yes, I’d like to transform my child’s health.”
I’d like to share with you one tip that has helped parents get picky eaters to eat more vegetables.
Take your child to the grocery store and give them “Veggie Authority”
Instead of getting groceries when your kids are at a play date or at school, bring them with you.
- Head to the produce section and have them look at the colors of the vegetables. Let them decide if the purple cauliflower or the yellow squash seems interesting for a weeknight dinner.
- Give them a mission. Next ask your child to choose the BEST vegetable. For example, pick out a few zucchinis and ask which has the best color or has the best firmness. Veggies can get bruised or damaged easily, and giving your child ownership of the task will increase their likeliness to eat the vegetable later.
- Small Snack Reward. My dog loves small rewards…and I’m wired the same way. At my local Sprouts, they have a dispensary of nuts, homemade trail mix and chocolate covered treats. Whenever I’m at the store I (politely) ask for a small sample of one thing: the housemade corn nuts or maybe a few dark chocolate covered almonds. It’s a treat to myself for taking care of the grocery shopping and I end up looking forward to the experience. This same concept can work with you and your child.
We’ve got more tips coming your way, but start with this one and watch as your picky eater starts to get into cooking and eating vegetables.
P.S. Email me if you want to join my 8-week project to transform your picky eater who will:
- Have dramatically improved culinary confidence and the ability to cook a dozen meals.
- Eat broccoli, zucchini, cauliflower and kale in new ways that taste amazing
- Helps you plan the weekly healthy meal schedule
- Bond in a powerful way with you, which is part of the magic of cooking together.
You will get:
- A one-on-one consultation with me then weekly group calls with other parents going on this journey to improve their children’s’ health.
- Complete gameplan on how to take your child from picky eater to veggie enthusiast.
- Homework assignments showing you exactly how to structure your week to cook just 2 meals together to slowly your child to eating vegetables