Parent-Paid After-School Cooking Classes
Over a year and a half ago, LIFT Enrichment was teaching after-school cooking classes at more than 160 schools throughout Southern California. Over 2,000 kids a week were being taught health literacy, life skills, and culinary fundamentals by a team of over 40 Chef Teachers. While COVID put a temporary halt to that, LIFT Enrichment is BACK, and here are the details for how our parent-paid program works in 2022.
What is a parent paid program?
This type of program is for elementary or middle schools with the type of demographic in which families have the income to pay for an 8-week course for a cooking class at their childrens’ school. Class sizes range based on enrollment, from 10-18 students in a 1-hour cooking class.
Why Schools Should Partner with LIFT Enrichment for Cooking Classes
“(My daughter’s) a picky eater and she tried the classes and ate everything we made! We called her the ‘chef of the night.’ She loved the lasagna and ramen soup, she loved everything, even the lettuce wraps!"
“Your Chef did a great job of engaging kids and teaching them safety as they went along with the lesson. (My daughter) Maggie took a liking to her and is asking to do more lesson!”
How The Program Works
Our Guarantee: Your child will cook ONE dish at home that he or she learns from our 8 week series!
This Type of Programming Is Ideal For Schools Such as:
How We Make Sure Chopping Is Done Safely
- Kids use metal dinner knives to cut pre-chopped vegetables like zucchini or bell peppers into small pieces. See this video
- Only the Chef Teacher uses the 8” Chef Knife
- Once cutting is complete, knives are removed immediately.
How We Make Sure Cooking Is Safe
- Students wash their hands at the beginning of each class and throughout as needed.
- The electric skillet has no flame and kills 99% of bacteria.
- Chef Teachers arrange the classroom so it’s safe for kids to help stir and add ingredients.
- Each child gets their own individual sample of the dish on their paper plate.
- Chefs wear gloves the entire class experience, and they can wear a mask as well if necessary.
5 Key Parts That Go Into Each Lesson